A few favourite things

While Buzz feed or several other websites tell you the 10 habits of highly influential people or the 10 reasons you should go travelling alone or 10 signs she's just not into you, I have a personal list ready to be thrown out in the universe as well.

10 things I absolutely adore!

1. I love wearing floaters. Yes, that footwear. Ballerinas hurt your toes, heels kill your back, sport shoes suffocate the life out of your foot, slippers provide no protection and not to forget foot ache (due to it's thin sole and the reaction of the hard earth's surface getting to you) . But floaters. Floaters are perfect. With comfortable sole and your feet spread out just like mother nature had designed them to be, this is one hell of a footwear. I find Zen in it. *Heaven*

Floaters 


2. Trimmed nails. Yes. It's a weird fixation that I have. But I absolutely hate it when my nails grow beyond my finger's natural length . It irritates me to no end as they will chip at any place, grow unevenly on different fingers,then I cannot type properly on keyboards, they need maintenance if I have to keep them long and needless to say dirt fills inside of them if they stick out. So, when they actually do grow disproportionately, I bring out the nail cutter and cut them back to their natural size all in a row! This makes me feel so awesome. Too much bliss when thy fingers have been conquered and disciplined!

Trimmed nails (in this case colored as well :P )


3. I love Idlis! Yes, you read that right. Idlis. But not in the normal way. I love them in a very specific fashion. Idlis dipped in overflowing sambhar topped with white coconut chutney! Lip smack. Mouth drool. Cannot resist. Ultimate weakness. This is one food I can have at any time !

Idli floating in Sambhar! *Yummm*


4. Silent, quiet afternoons spent in solitude. There is something about the afternoon time, when you're indoors( office or home) with all your work done ( or atleast major work) and no one to bother you is around and it's silent. Okay, too many conditions :P But it feels amazing when such chances drop by. Life seems to bring to you few moments of bliss and I feel so much at peace.

5. Hunger and vada pav. If you're a Mumbaikar you would know that no one can beat this combination ever. Having said that, what I truly crave for is the perfect vada pav. The perfect vada pav constitutes of a fresh bread, fresh vada which has yellow aloo in it and not the brown wala masala and lassun ki chutney. Perfect. Nothing else. I love it when I am hungry and find a  perfect vada pav stall nearby. Cravings satisfied!

Mouth-watering Vada pav with lassun ki chutney!


6. Pani da, rang dekh ke! I absolutely love this song. It has no season. It has such a soft melody to it and beautiful lyrics. Though for many it may be the perfect rain song, it particularly reminds me of Delhi. Maybe, because the movie is shot there. Nonetheless, it adds the to charm of the place and takes me back to the time when I had visited Delhi. Beautiful :)



7. The sense of finishing your major task.  Ever happened to you that there is some important, humongous assignment which has to be given at a certain date and you end up finishing 95% of it two days prior? How does it feel in such a situation? Don't you feel like the king of the world? I do. * Where's my crown? *

8. Sachin. Dravid. Ganguly. There was a time when I was a huge fan of cricket and would follow all the matches. That was mainly the rise of the Ganguly era. Though I have stopped watching the game now, whenever I see Dravid, Sachin or Dada( pics, interviews, anywhere) I feel inspired and my heart is filled with a lot of admiration and happiness.

P.S: Recently, I came across this picture ( top: Sehwag, Sachin and Dravid) on a social media site. Someone had commented on how the bat position and shoulder of the veterans was perfectly aligned and the same. At the same time you can look at the youngsters below. This photo reminded me of why I always considered these men as my icons( they strive for perfection).



9. Responsible people. People who actually do what they say. Say what they do.

10. And finally, this delicacy that I totally adore/have a weakness for.  Malai Kulfi with hola (or as most people call it falooda topping ). Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Malai Kulfi garnished with hola!



Well, that's all folks. If you share a similar fetish or want to add something to this list, leave your comment :)





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts