Courage: The Cowardly Dog..

I lack courage. I am cowardly. Stupid. And, I think I am wasting most of my life like this.

*********

I had written that line almost three days ago. If you knew a girl's mind, you'd know that I am not in that frame of mind anymore. It's getting difficult to blog these days. Nothing is giving me inspiration. Except for a momentary burst of Art here and there. If it weren't for Art I don't know how we human beings would survive. Songs, poems, movies, verses.. 

I rather be a a Rockstar who sang only three legendary songs than an engineer who spent his/her life coding. Or a poet who wrote that one outstanding poem. Only one. 

But then, art is always for the self. So I think I am writing through my blog anyway. And maybe, it is helpful somewhere. 

When I sit back to reflect, I think life is awesome only. It's funny how we waste all days in resisting. All energy. 

I cannot sit still. My mind keeps wandering. I have to be on my feet. I think most of us youngsters have this problem. To concentrate in the moment, I should learn. Like Yoda, I talk now.

"Jaane kya hoga, kya hoga kya pata... is pal ko milke aa jee le zara "

*********

I started reading the Life of Mirza Ghalib recently. The book is written by Gulzar and fortunately I have an autographed copy. So I decided to let go of my tech addiction and tried reading it.

It was pretty interesting. Took me back to my love of poems and philosophical abstract writings. But soon, I gave it up because I got distracted by a new bookmark. It was a picture of a door in Puraani Dilli. Yeah, I started clicking pictures of it. *Sigh *

"Dhaage tod laaon chaandi se noor ke, Ghungat hi banaa lo roshni se noor ke"

Okay, that is Gulzar playing in the background again.

*********
                                                                               
It has been a long time since I stopped watching the television or reading the newspapers. Nothing that both the mediums show can be taken seriously. There is just too much of information thrown about. We really need to know less. Trust me on that.

I liked my free days. When I was all by myself. I felt stronger. Those were my adolescent years. 

Recently, I spent an entire evening with my friend in a secret place I will not name. It was like we were camping under the stars. We zoomed on her scooty with the wind blowing in our faces. It was bliss. And we chalked out patterns of constellations in the sky. And then, thought of how we wanted to be astronomers/astronauts as kids. I guess that's every kid's standard dream.

*********
                                                                           
What is with Lata Mangeshkar's voice in the movie Mera Saaya? It has such a beautiful haunting quality to it(which fits with the movie's theme btw). Lovely songs. And yes, Rahet Fateh Ali Khan also. Listen to this.



mind =blown
*********
                                                                         
I have changed the template of my blog. Earlier I was using dynamic views but I hated it. I changed it to something sober now. But I hate this too. I 'll find time someday and fix this as well. 

Till then enjoy one nice soundtrack. It's from a show named Zindagi Gulzar Hain. The show was short with 27 episodes and pretty decent. Its funny no matter how regressive Pakistan tries to behave, it's music scene always manages to supersede the Indian(current) one.


*********

Comments

Popular Posts