Another brick in the wall...

Recently, when I was listening to this( titled) pink floyd song, I decided to google what the term, 'another brick in the wall' means.

I have this firm belief that poetry can be interpreted in many ways and there is never a right answer. Which is what makes poems even more beautiful. 

Most articles, on the internet claimed, that the term meant this : "each time the poet was hurt he built a wall around him and that object/person of hate was another brick on his wall."

This surprised me a little. Because, I always thought it meant that institutionalization killed creativity and growth( over here the writer is taking a dig at teachers and school) and we all end up chiseled the same way ' ike another brick on the wall'. I thought conformity made us just like any other another brick(person) in the wall(world) with nothing to differentiate 

P.S:I think I like my version better. 

Comments

Popular Posts