Step outside summer time's in bloom..

I think time is flying these days. Whirrrl and swishhh !

Have you checked your to-do list yet? Isn't it overflowing already? And there is so little time to do it all.It's been barely two months in this year and so much has happened already. Days have a lot of depth in them.

There is no better time to do things than now.

I remember a friend would tell me a few years ago, on how he had no time to talk. He would tell me, 'max out life Ayesha. And Listen'. For someone I knew for many years, he changed a lot as a person.He actually went from being a talker to a listener. He din't get along with so many norms that society and life throws at you when you grow up.I guess many of us go through it especially during adolescence.Teenage life is crazy.You spend so much time discovering yourself or the world around you.It's like having a deep impact on the brain.I saw so many of my friends go through it.I went through it.It's pretty normal.At the end of it you come through, forming a whole new idea or thought process for yourself.So did he.A lot of different ideas.And isolation.The need to isolate yourself from things that are not worth your time becomes essential.

It is a weird thing about good friends.You don't feel the need to talk to them everyday,do you? Ironically, you talk to them a lot to build that kind of friendship first.

So, what happens to those mature kids as they grow up? I believe they grow younger and be more childlike as time passes.Delightful I'd say.

************

Summer is setting in and there is this amazing nimbu paani waala that stands near my client site these days. He has a bright yellow stall and the sight of nimbu paani that he makes with ice and chat masala is extremely tempting. It ignites your senses and re-kindles your spirit. And you know summer is coming.The sun is gonna be out.Rainbows will shoot across the sky.Unicorns will prance around.The hills will go green.Flowers will bloom.So,nimbu paani.Slurrp.Slurrp!

And since we are on the topic, I have to say San Churros in Bandra have one of the most amazing Italian sodas I have ever tried.They have six flavours (I remember only two - Watermelon and Kiwi) and it is so refreshing.Not that you should visit that place to have sodas.You should visit it to have churros or their seven layered chocolate pastry. But, I've been too high on pastries these days. So, I say pass to that.

 ************

Solitude v/s Company : So what makes you feel the best? Spending time with yourself. Or spending time with people you like? What gives you the maximum feeling of happiness and satisfaction? I feel occasionally meeting friends is so much fun. But pleasant days by your own side is something out of this world.Reminds me of what George Clooney asks Sandra Bullock in Gravity,"What do you like about being up here?"
To which she replies,"The silence."

                                                                      ************

Play Title: If potatoes were sentient.

Characters: Day-time mortal Mea, night time Cinderella.
Intergalactic agent TODO, convertible to Batman.

Excerpts (Contd..)

MEA: Knock Knock
TODO: Who's there?
MEA: Orange
TODO: Orange who?
MEA: Orange you gonna let me in?

MEA: Knock Knock
TODO: Who's there?
MEA: Police
TODO: Police who?
MEA: Police hurry up, it's chilly outside!

MEA: Knock Knock
TODO: Who's there?
MEA: Justin
TODO: Justin who?
MEA: Justin the neighborhood,thought I'd drop by !

TODO: Knock Knock
MEA: Who's there?
TODO: R U !
MEA: R U who?
TODO: R U looking up jokes online ?

MEA: haha...drat!


Comments

  1. I don't have anything to say, but I wanted to let you know that I read this post and liked it. Thank you :-)

    P.S. The knock knock jokes were a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just out of curiosity.
    Who is that person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aamilsyed: Thank you ! I'd rather say :) Knock Knock jokes are fun no ! :D

    @Supratik: Well, I won't take names. But someone from school. I have a strong feeling you know him !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought I know him :) lets not deviate from this beautiful piece! Quite fluid!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lololol....continuity in discontinuity...and d last knock knock is simply a knockout :-D....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts