Sunsets

What do you prefer? Sunsets or Sunrise?

I prefer sunrises. Though I can never wake up on time to see them. Yet, I prefer sunrises. You know what's the problem with sunsets? They can be enjoyed only when the sun is very far far away from you . Okay, you may laugh at that line now. The sun is many light years away from us anyway, right? But what I mean here is the horizon is far away from you. For example if you sat by the sea and watched the sun set, you could only enjoy it when it starts to dip and before that all you did was get burnt by the rays relentlessly falling on your face.

But when you're sitting on a hill the horizon seems further away and the sunset can be enjoyed more. Or maybe on a fort. Which reminds me how I want to go to Udaipur and watch a sunset from atop a palace. This also brings me to a fact that ever since my last trip I haven't had a craving or need to travel anywhere else. It was more or less like Nirvana.

I have recently started on a new venture in new life. And I hope to do well in it. I wish I can maintain the right momentum and calmness to achieve it. Have you ever wanted something badly in life and got it? And after that found something else to crib about? We humans are funny species. Nothing is ever enough. And we always find something to focus on and keep wondering how are we gonna achieve 'this new thing' now? Sometimes I think humans are designed like this so that they may constantly have a purpose.But obviously it's not good. We cannot afford to let our dissatisfaction ruin our lives. But we can always let our dreams  fuel our souls. Reminds me of an apt sher by Ghalib. No one could've put it in better words:

"Hazaaron khwahishen aisi ke har khwahish pe dam nikle

Bohat niklay mere armaan, lekin phir bhi kam nikle"



*********************************

I have seen many meaningful sunsets. Those spent with yourself alone, with people you love, people who mean something to you. These are priceless moments. I think the wealthiest person on this planet is he who has a great set of people around him. A man with only worldly riches is poor. I am extensively watching a show these days named " Everybody loves Raymond". It's an old tele-series but I've picked it up now. I take my time to pick up shows, extensively watch them and be done n dusted with them until I move on to something new. I prefer it to television any day. So coming to the point what I like about the show is that it is funny. Apart from that, another take away would be on how the Barone family lives together. They bicker but they always live together. They eat together. I also like how there were no cell phones when this show was shot, so none of the characters use them. The husband leaves for work in the day. The wife and him have no constant connection until they meet again in the evening. Can you imagine a world like that? Wow. 

Talking about eating together. I think the best way to solidify a relationship is eating together. Ever clicked to you? Yes. The family that eats together, stays together is true. Your truest friends were the ones you ate lunch with everyday. It forms a different bond, trust me. At my old workplace, we always had lunch with the team. That bond was different.


*************************************

Anyway, the best of relations can always turn up from anywhere. It's funny how people don't think twice before throwing away what they already have. They deem it so small because of petty issues they can't agree to overlook. I wonder how they do that.

Here's to planting more saplings, cracking more jokes and baking more cupcakes. More sunsets. And a quality song. Did I forget to mention? Striving for quality gives me purpose in life.



Comments

  1. thanks for sharing the that _sher_ !
    reminded me of this one...except for the cliched last line maybe..:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzA4VGxU4i0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts