Pictures and Humbug !

Off late,I've picked up a fascination for Instagram. Yes, the photography app that took the world by storm.
I have always been fond of photography and by this I don't mean getting my own pictures clicked. I love clicking pictures of landscapes, objects, people, situations and likewise.During my growing years I coaxed my dad into buying me a digital camera only because I loved photography.He went ahead and bought me a photography magazine too which had amazing tips on how pictures should be clicked.It also spoke about various themes to experiment with and freaky gadgets that rule the pictorial world.

Rule 1: You got to have an SLR.It gives you amazing effects and can even make a donkey look outstanding.
Rule 2: You got to have talent too.

However, having said all this, photography for us commoners is mostly restricted to self images or maybe food or maybe some nice scenery.It is rarely real talent which, I think, is alright. Not everyone is an artist and nor do they intend to be with their pictures.Talking about myself, I think I am an okay photographer.When it comes to handling the equipment I could improve a lot.Like by leaps.However, in the creative department of conceptualizing of what could make a good picture, I believe I'm good enough. I've got lots of ideas bobbing in my head and that's why Instagram! It's a nice app where I can click random pictures and post them. They won't be masterpieces but atleast I can click whatever I feel like and store them somewhere.So yeah, I'm excited.Owning an SLR is on my wishlist and I will soon cross that one out . I wish to click an amazing photo collection of landscapes someday and another of patterns created by light at uncommon places.Travelling around the world and clicking pictures would make another album and I'm already at it on that one ;)

So, yes, coming back to Instagram. In terms of functionality, it is an okay app with some effects you can apply to your photos.But, it has a lovely concept.A networking site only for pictures. Neat.

I really don't know how long I will last on it as I'm not good with networking sites at all.But while I'm here, let's have some fun :D

I 'Instagramed' a  few pictures off late and here they are: Tada !



#SpecialOccasion




#SomeCourage #ShyEagle


 
*****************************

Play Title: If potatoes were sentient.

Characters: Day-time mortal Mea, night time Cinderella.
Intergalactic agent TODO, convertible to Batman.

Situation:Virtual Conversation

Excerpts..

TODO: hey!
MEA: Whoaaaaaa .. How did you find me? I'm not online currently .. Am i visible?
TODO: no in case u haven't noticed v are far away from actual representations of people in the digital world,
in fact v r far away from digital representations also
MEA: How?
TODO : so any dream u have of a matrix are just dreams
so visibility is just a matter of opinion
i cud say i can see alpha centauri
but the fact is its day time
and its not visible
but even then sun rays
from the star
are in fact reaching me
so when i am so ill equipped
to see real world phenomenons
im not the right person
to comment on digital visibility
MEA: Baap re... I aint visible na?
TODO : Nope !

-----------------------

TODO : u have work?
MEA :Wait..
TODO : Wait by
Beatles,
kings of leon,
Ying yang twins?

* lot of time passes by*

MEA :On and off..
I am in Schrodinger's state of work.
At any given point of time
I may have work
I may not have work
I cannot tell.
Like that.. 

TODO: Aha...


Disclaimer: All characters are purely fictional.

Comments

  1. lololol...:D...eagle pic is awsum...n character desc...\m/...:-)...:-D :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! nice post. I really liked the play excerpt towards the end, but I failed to grasp the connection. Care to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aamil, thanks for that :) Well, the play and the picture part have no connection really. I just had two post ideas in mind and then combined it into one.That's why the title 'Pictures and Humbug' !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, characters are purely fictional, the conversation is not ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have simply liked and acknowledged but I loved the way you stuck with the subject I.e you and photography and insta-muse considering how enormous the whole context is. Crisp writing! Treat to the readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Suppratik :) Keep reading ! And Why Gaurav? Took me your profile pic to recognise you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts