Destiny

Michael Schumacher, one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, recently met with a freak accident while skiing in the French Alps. A tragic incident for the seven-time world champion who is now battling for his life at the Grenoble University Hospital, France.

This news came as a shock for many. Even for those who do not watch Formula One. Plausibly because Schumacher is a much loved figure all across the world. People have atleast heard of his achievements and know what that man stands for.

I remember when I first read this news, it deeply saddened me. Formula One is one of the many sports I follow and am undeniably in complete awe of.I have always admired the F1 drivers zooming past on the circuit at the speed of almost 350 km/hr , lying in uncomfortable sleeping positions and taking as many as about 50 laps on an average.I believe their focus, stamina and control is extremely commendable and worthy of several praises.I personally think, this sport is a spectacular display of the superiority of  'man' as a living species (read: scientific connotations).Be it the constructors pulling together a great machine or the drivers displaying unnerving grit - a huge amount of detailing and finesse goes into making an F1 race possible.This demand for perfection and little room for mistakes makes it one of the most gripping sports we have today.

I would love to watch an F1 race live. Silverstone is my favourite circuit.Yes,my dream is to watch a race at Silverstone (^_^).

Anyway, this post is titled Destiny.So, lets get to the point. The other day,we were having a casual discussion about Schumacher's accident and how tragic it was.At this juncture, someone commented,' usko woh dangerous area mein skiing karne ki zaroorat hi kya thi?'( Why did he have to go skiing in that dangerous area at all ?).For that moment, that particular line, struck a deep chord in my head.It made me wonder how we human beings live in a lot of fear. It also made me wonder about how, if anything has to happen it will happen.Good or bad. Michael Schumacher has been flirting with danger for most of his life racing in the sports arena with little margin for error.However,he has repeatedly emerged victorious.It is only ironic that skiing with his son, a seemingly harmless activity, would bring him down on his knees.Life is funny in many ways.

Destiny, we call it.Does it exist? Does it not? Debatable.There are the doers and then there are the believers.And then there are both.I guess I belong to the category of both. In my growing years, I was a doer.I 'believed' that if I 'worked' for it there is no way I wouldn't get it.I think it still faintly exists,somewhere within me - waiting to be rekindled or wanting to completely die down? I don't know.

But, there is one thing I surely know of - men who live with glory (not necessarily fame) are essentially the ones who are fighters. Schumacher does not deserve to live in a vegetative state.He does not deserve to die like that either. I want to see him back on his feet again and sincerely wish him a speedy recovery. A fellow Capricorn that he is, the goat is slow but fiercely steady and will always make it (Amen).



Silverstone

-Mobius Strip


Comments

Popular Posts