The end of year post

So December is here and it's time for that mandatory end of year post.

What were the best things I gained this year? What did I learn? What did I lose? Did I live ? Hell,yeah.

I wish I could spell out everything to the T because it's a fabulous story:p 

But I will write down whatever I can think of. Let's see how things went by.

So, my year involved resolutions, miracles, new found friends, love, unrest, dreams shattering and pain too. Total filmy year yaar !

Professionally it was super hectic with me in a love- hate relationship with my job. I worked on only new technologies this year and nothing else. This is something I just realized. Be it Genesys to re-usable modules to web page development to visual ivr  to avaya pom .. No two things I did was the same. This makes it a very creatively satisfying year. Okay enough of professional mumbo jumbo.

Do I still look for a change? Yes. Does it ever work out? No. Why? I really really don't know. Frustrating? Yes.

Travel. I travelled a lot. So so happy on that front. So many trips and new lands. Happy. I still feel like going to one more small trip before this year ends :p

Tv shows and movies. So I saw plenty of series this year. If you knew me you'd know it is a big deal. I enjoyed a lot. I roamed with office friends. It was fun.

Writing. I took up writing seriously this year. Firstly, this blog. I complete one year of dedicated blogging this December (yay). I even signed up for a three month term with The Indian Economist and wrote weekly articles for them. This really helped me push myself. Because writing with a purpose really expands your boundaries as opposed to leisure posts.

I voted. YES! First time.

What happens if you find love? Magic or tragic. You decide.

Friends. Friends I met many. Made new. I found one friend. Special . Probably our miseries got us together and sense of humour obviously. One of the best people I've met. So much fun, So encouraging. Always brought a smile to your face.

Nice story no? I lost the same friendship this year. Friends do grow apart.

I met two school friends who stay far away after really a long time. yay. 

Driving. I finally learnt driving and I can drive. Yes please. Positive. My driving class has taught me how investing even half an hour everyday into what you like feels so fruitful by the end of it.

So 2015 I have decided, I am going to keep pursuing some or the other hobby every month. I won't waste my time whiling away into nothing.

When I look back I see I had a lot of first time's this year. First flight. First time vote. First time drive. First a lot of other things I can't list down :P 

Inspite of all this, there seems to lack a sense of satisfaction. That happiness. What could be the reason? Am I missing something I cannot see? Does my reality not match my dreams? Shall I change my dreams because I cannot cope with this reality? I do not understand.

Maybe, what I want is what I don't get. But what I get is not bad either. I fail to understand. On another note I think I should not compromise with any aspect of my life.

I took a lot of tough decisons too. Maybe they were dicey. Several times I look back and reflect. Turning down a monetarily juicy offer because my heart wasn't into it. Saying no to things that didn't feel right. I knew a lot of people in my place would've done exactly the opposite of what I did. As things don't improve I fall prey to regret. But somewhere deep down I know I'm not really sad about it. I just din't want to bow down before my heart. Because it took me down a wrong path before. And it was terrible. So each time I look back in anger it's not for what I lost but why I did it. Stupidly followed my gut. 

But it is said your heart is always right. And I need to be confident of myself. There is a cycle of distress. I need to leave. Learn and grow. And I have to take the courage of asserting what I want and embracing change. And saying no to things that only end up contributing to more pain.

2014 hasn't ended yet and there are still so many things left to do. I always wanted to have a beautiful desk at office. Now that I have been shifted to a new place, I am going to have the most amazing desk ever and strike this wish off my bucket list :D

I have a positive feeling about 2015. Let's call on the new year and live the most amazing time of our lives.

Like Steinbeck said" And now that you don't have to be perfect,you can be good" 

-Merci.

Comments

Popular Posts