Because it's June !

It's been a long time since I have written anything. Mostly because I have no time. So, yeah, here I am with a paper and pen. Er, no. The blog and the keypad.

Yes. I am going to proclaim the most abused line in the history of article writing ever now, "Yes. I don't really know what to write."
No. I'm not going to blabber some shit and then end this article saying,"Look I ended up writing something after all."

So, I have been in Singapore for quite sometime now. Needless to say, it has been a marvellous experience. Very enriching, very liberating. A little sense of pride in having earned it and a little sense of happiness in feeling lucky. There is something about independence, many would agree. There is something about little dreams coming true, too. I have learnt a lot of things on this trip. For one, life is easy. For two, life is not easy. It's always a 'you get some, you lose some' journey. Which actually, makes it wonderful. Travelling alone in a foreign land, with no friends to run to, no family to hide to, makes you feel like a true wanderer. It's fun.

I learnt a lot professionally too, but you know what, that discussion is up for my colleagues when I return. But, yes I have one thing to say. Simply because you're in a foriegn land doesn't mean it is full of smarties like we Indians generally assume. When something breaks at work the shit is the same, be it India or U.S.A. Just saying. So, choose not the location. But your love for work. Too much gyaan from the experienced soul. Move over.

I recently visited a place here named Boat Quay (At Clarke Quay). It's this fine dining place where you get food to eat, drinks and music, all by the riverside. It's the perfect hangout place for evening with friends. After work.

The river connects all the main spots of Singapore and you can take a river cruise to check them out. Oh, I did take one myself and it was wonderful. The perfect time to take a cruise would be after sunset. The city looks beautiful with the lights on.The boat ride lasted for forty minutes post which night had pretty much fallen and the riverside restaurants looked wonderful. I hopped into a restaurant, Hooters ( Yeah :P ) and quickly grabbed a seat overlooking the river. Who would want to miss that experience? Sit by the river, feel the gentle breeze blow across your face, music playing in the background while you have your dinner as the stars shine down. Bliss.

I am going to share a few pics of the place now.Not too many. Because I intend to write a travelogue. So I can't waste all the pixels here no. But, if you ever come to Singapore, Boat Quay is a must visit :) This place has bridges and bridges and so many bridges. You sail under them as you take the boat ride. So romantic :)






                                                                       ************

Play Title: If potatoes were sentient.

Characters: Day-time mortal Mea, night time Cinderella.
Intergalactic agent TODO, convertible to Batman.

Excerpts (Contd..)

MEA: is zindagi mein 
dil ki lagi mein 
tujhko hi chaaha
TODO: tujhko hi maanga
MEA: jin raasto se 
guzra ye dil tha 
manzil mili na
TODO: pyaar na paaya
MEA: Khud ko chupa ke
raah mein guzre 
dil ki duhaai
dil ki duhaai
TODO: tere bina dil mera 
laage kahi na
tere bin jaa meri
jaaye kahi na
MEA: itne zamaane
baad o rabba
yaad tu aaya
yaad tu aaya
* tin ni ni nu*
:P
TODO: :)


Comments

Popular Posts